Endometriosis

my life, my journey, my struggle
the good days, the bad days
the hospital, coping at home
pain, wellness, misery, joy
a yo-yo lifestyle

Monday, November 8, 2010

Be Aware

This blog is a record of my journey with endometriosis.
I will be describing symptoms and talking about procedures...not all of which is pleasant.
If that sort of thing is not for you, just don't read.
This is intended as my own diary, a place for my thoughts and feelings to spill.
In addition i hope that other endo sufferers will read this and get that reassuring feeling that i too get when i read other women's stories. It reminds me I am not alone, its like an invisable sisterhood that affirms all that i have been through and validates my journey. It is bizzare; but at the begining before my diagnosis, my symptoms were so irregular and the doctors could not pin down what was wrong with me, a few doctors and nurses started to suggest that perhaps my illness was mental, that the symptoms I felt were psyco-symatic, that nothing was really wrong with me at all. Since then, even though i have a diagnosis and have had surgery i still get that horrible "am I crazy?" feeling. Reading about other women who have had exactly the same thing reassures me that despite occasional appearances I am not crazy!
Finally I hope this is read by friends, family, and support people of endometriosis sufferers, hey even if you just have a curiosisty, awareness and understanding is such an asset.

So here goes, my first real blog, please feel free to comment, share and ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment