Endometriosis

my life, my journey, my struggle
the good days, the bad days
the hospital, coping at home
pain, wellness, misery, joy
a yo-yo lifestyle

Monday, November 8, 2010

In the begining

It was that time of year; exams, birthdays, wedding, christmas and new years were all fast approaching.
It’s no wonder they call it the 'silly season'.
I hadn't been feeling the best but I put it down to stress, being busy I wasn't looking after myself as well as I could be either. I had noticed that my cycle was all out of sync and I was bleeding a lot and often, that too I attributed to the stress. In addition to this I was so tired all the time, the exhaustion would often lead to tears, it seemed my emotions were running quite high, I also dismissed this as stress.
After several months like this I commented to a girlfriend that I had been bleeding for so long and was finding it such an inconvenience, she expressed concern and suggested I should contact my doctor. The GP confirmed what I suspected; that my symptoms were mainly caused by stress however he did change my contraceptive pill to try and help reduce the periods.
Over the next two months nothing changed; I was still lethargic and emotional, still bleeding and beginning to feel achy all over my body. There was so much on at the time, every week was filled with study and later with work, and the weekends were jam packed with social events. My deteriorating health was not much of a priority, I put it on the bottom of my 'to do list' and tried to soldier on through the silly season.
It wasn't long until my health refused to be ignored and I was abruptly stopped in my tracks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment